- This event has passed.
AWARE Workshop – by The Demand Project
November 19, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Pride Mixed Martial Arts is excited to partner with The Demand Project to help keep our community safe! On Friday November 19th at 6:00pm The Demand Project will be presenting their AWARE Workshop for parents and their guests.
This presentation is hands-on training for parents and guardians. In this workshop you will learn how to take charge of technology and social media to protect your children from online predators. You will also gain key insight into the tactics and methods online predators use to gain access to children. You will leave with tangible, practical tools that will help you protect your child from the predator lurking behind the screen.
We also will discuss on the ins and outs of human trafficking within our community today: how trafficking begins, how it deeply affects its victims, and what measures the community can take to respond effectively and in an informed manner.
AWARE Workshop Topics Include:
- Current trends, changes and updates with top social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- How to set up social media accounts to limit exposure and increase safety
- Which current apps, games and sites to be concerned about and why
- The hidden language of emojis
- The dangers of live streaming
- Real-life stories through video and case studies
- Grooming and luring techniques used by predators to gain access to children w/ real case studies
- What to do (and not do) if your child is in trouble
- Tips for talking with your child
- Resources to help protect children from becoming victims
This is a FREE event for our Pride Families and their guests
We invite all parents, grandparents, and guardians to attend this important workshop.
If you would like to discover more about the Demand Project click here